Welcome to SFNeighborhoodblog

San Francisco is a city of neighborhoods, each with distinct characteristics, attitudes, problems, resources and possibilities. From the Sunset to South Beach, San Francisco State University to Bay View/Hunters Point, these communities and their residents together make San Francisco one of the world's most engaging cities.


View Larger Map

Blog Archive

The Neighborhoods of San Francisco

Click on the links below to learn more about the following neighborhoods:

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Looking for a good study place?

Lately I have been looking for a place to study for finals. I need a place that has internet access and a good cup of coffee. Everyone will mention Starbucks to me, but I have yet to find a peaceful Starbucks in the city. They all seem to be crowded all the time and very little space to set up shop with the variety of textbooks I need to bring, and my laptop. Plus, I tend to think Starbucks coffee is a bit overpriced. I was walking up and down Fillmore Street the other day I the Marina and I stumbled upon this little place called The Grove. I have heard of this place before from friends. I went in for a bite to eat and to grab a beer, and I noticed it was packed, and it was a Wednesday night. It wasn’t packed with bar hoppers, but with people just grabbing a cup of coffee and studying. Everyone had their laptop out, I almost felt left out for not having mine with me. They had this huge menu that offered sandwiches, soup, salads, and chocolate-chip cookies. They had beverages that ranged from hot tea to beer and wine. People were starting to line up out the door to get a seat in this cozy establishment. For being as crowded as it was, it wasn’t very loud in there. They had Wi-Fi and coffee, it was the perfect place to study for finals I realized. I am really glad I stumbled on it. Another really good restaurant I would recommend to people who are looking for a casual place to go to if they are in the Marina District. Also, if you get there at a pretty decent time, parking on the street nearby is pretty easy to find, remember it is metered parking though.

No comments:

Post a Comment